How to Succeed in Personal and Professional Life
Get a survey done, try to know what the real meaning of success is, you will undoubtedly end up with a variety of impressions and interesting ideas about success. For some people, success is all about making huge amount of money; another will regard success as the essence of accomplishment, few may say success means recognition. The only definition which can be formed from all these ideas is that, success is all about achieving what we intend to do.
To have a dream is not a crime. The experience of success is not something too difficult which people in general cannot realize. The only difference between a successful person and unsuccessful one is that the former has a dream and follows some fundamental ways to fulfill them in life and the later is a day dreamer who never pursues any goal and has a tendency of making excuses for not attaining what their fellow human beings could easily achieve.
Success in personal and professional life depends on how accurately we plan our desires. Those who succeeded in life followed the simple method of creating smart goals which they could easily accomplish. The idea of smart goal was conceptualized by George Doran and later on was adopted by all smart people who wanted to become successful.
- Definite: Our ambitions should be particular in nature. If one’s goal is making more money, then he has to decide how much he wants to earn and within what period of time.
- Assessable: It’s very important to keep a track of our development. Our goals should be as such where we can measure our progress regularly. This provides a kind of inspiration which gives us the motivation to go ahead.
- Get a realistic goal: Dizzy ambitions cannot succeed hence; our goals should be rational in character.
- Appropriate: One’s goal should bear some kind of relevance with his characteristics and background. If someone is not good in singing and aims to become a playback singer that would hardly be achievable by him. Hence, no matter how big the dream is, it has to be proportionate.
- Follow a time-line: We cannot set up goals for indefinite years. In this way we lose concentration on our goals and most of the times we fail to accomplish it. Therefore, we need to set a time-line so that we remain focused towards the time and our goal.
The following methods describe the ways to bring our dreams into reality.
- Decide a goal
Our goals are our ambitions, it is what we want to become in life or wish to accomplish in near future. With the word ‘goal’ a lot of ideas start creeping into our mind. What we can do is to write them down in a paper and then decide which one gets the first priority and then follow them according to their priority.
- Importance increases determination
It is our interest on a subject which creates the enthusiasm within us to achieve our goals. Therefore, our goals should be subjected to our interest level. To be precise, if we do not like games and sports then we should not aim to become an athlete, rather we can find out our own field of interest and try for it.
- Stay focused
Our aim is to achieve our goals of life! Therefore, we need to invest our whole concentration towards the goals so that we can grow a little everyday with our goal.
- Be optimistic to shun all barriers
We cannot achieve success very easily. Obstacles are inevitable on the way to success, hence, we have to nurture our positive frame of mind so that hurdles can never slow us down and we can keep ourselves spirited and willing to overcome all situations.
- Be flexible
We should not be very rigid about our objectives. It might happen that all our efforts go in vein due to non favorable circumstances and other obstacles. Our mind has to be trained in such a way that we can easily think of an alternate option rather than being stagnant forever.